Statement of Principles:
myT believes custom apparel and accessories bring groups and communities together, and we want to help our customers create products with designs that are meaningful and unifying. Our customers have diverse viewpoints and perspectives, which are reflected in the designs they create, and we believe that we all must be tolerant of those with different views.
In rare cases, however, a design proposed by a customer may be offensive or threatening to others who see the design. In such cases, we use the following guidelines to balance our customers’ design goals with the standards and expectations of the public. When a design does not meet our Content Guidelines, we will make every effort to work with the customer to try to create an alternate design that complies with the guidelines below.
myT Content Guidelines provide guidance for customers in designing custom products. Our Content Guidelines use a system from “no” to “ok” to account for the range of potential designs, so we can work with customers to create a design that meets these standards. The descriptions under each category are not meant to be exhaustive, and the ultimate decision on whether to approve a design, or not, will always rest with myT Content Guidelines team. myT regularly reviews these policies and updates them as appropriate based on feedback from our customers and team members.
NO ( myT will not print )
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others (see intellectual property policy)
- Encourage violence or hate against individuals or groups
- Attack, harass, or defame others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual identity
- Include hate speech or illegal symbols
- Promote, feature, or encourage the use of hard drugs
- Feature explicit sex acts or frontal nudity of a non-artistic or health/medical nature
- Include sexually suggestive images or text involving children (including nudity)
- Promote, feature, or encourage underage illegal subjects
MAYBE (myT may not print or may require changes)
- Include crass vulgarity, lewd language, or swear words
- Have an overtly sexually connotation or tone, including strong sexual innuendo
- Involve violent terms or images that are not directed at an individual or group, such as historical images of violence
- Promote, feature or encourage illegal activities (other than those mentioned above)
- Might cause public outrage or inspire violence due to a recent event
- Include other content that would be offensive to the community
YES (myT will print)
- Use language and images appropriate for adults and children of all ages
- Create a sense of community and are not likely to offend individuals or groups
- Support intellectual property rights by using authorized images and content, including those owned or legally authorized to be used by the customer